Spyware and Virus got you down? Well, I mean - got your computer down? Look no further.....
Search For Spyware and Virus Related Help

Monday, February 14, 2005

Sunday, February 13th, 2005

Got a call sometime last week, slow start-up on computer, slow Internet connection. Made an appointment for today. Arrive at the house. Met the owners and their week old baby. Sat down at the computer (Windows 98 SE machine) installed anti-virus (AVG), AdAware etc....Rebooted - took a little under 10 minutes to boot!! I checked out the system properties and found only 32 MB RAM. I ran a quick spyware check found KaZaa and thirty one other bits of the nasty stuff, removed them, ran msconfig, edited the start up menu to remove any unnecessary start up items (Real Player, AOL, Quicktime blah, blah, blah) rebooted, boot time zipped right along. Updated AdAware and found out why the Internet was slow - Dial up! Informed the owner of RAM limitations and where to pick up some cheap, used RAM, got in my car, turned on an Interpol cd, got a pizza and a sixer and came home.

Also this week, got more work on an ongoing web project SoHo2go.com, some graphics editing, more work on this site, purchased a domain for this site,a video conversion project for this company, created this page (which will move here and three days of cross-country skiing in a foot and a half of snow! Not a bad week in the life of a Computer Repair Technician!

2 comments:

Michael said...

Business is going well. I can't and won't complain. The flyers you mentioned could be mine. I have them up all over Burlington. Just out of curiosity, how did you find my Blog?

Lose Weight said...

Greetings Michael, you have a pretty cool blog here. I was searching for legitimate home business. I just started my home business and you can see it at this link - legitimate home business. Your post title caught my eye - Sunday, February 13th, 2005. I'm just looking for tips on how to be a better mentor. I know that’s not what you’re going on about in this post but I am trying to expand my vocabulary phrases so I can talk to many different personalities. I mean I have to talk to a lot of people and I need to be able to connect with everyone.

Anyways Michael, this helped. Keep it up, I'll be back.