Spyware and Virus got you down? Well, I mean - got your computer down? Look no further.....
Search For Spyware and Virus Related Help

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sunday, July 10th, 2005

I have completed the Welcome Kitchen Catering website.

I also redesigned Vermont PC Solutions.com.

I have solved many computer problems in the past month or two. Most of them have not been spyware/virus related. I did work on one computer with virus problems - (Norton Anti-virus could not remove the infection, so I had to manually remove it). Another client had a fan die on her graphics card, luckily her computer was under warrenty. IBM replaced the part - no questions asked. I reinstalled Windows 98 (yes, I did write Windows 98!) on another machine. The owners felt that Windows 98 was a sufficient operating system for the tasks they typically perform. After I returned the computer in brand new condition, the owner attempted to reinstall the DSL software but had problems. She decided to take the computer to the company which supplies the DSL connection. When the computer was returned my client booted to find out that the mouse driver was no longer functioning. My client called the DSL company to explain what had happened, the person on the phone told her that "it was not their problem." Instead of pouring more money into this seven year old computer my client is in search of a new machine. She will have a lot less problems with Windows XP (I hope).

For leisure; lots of hikes, camping, photography, and swimming in Lake Champlain.

My next major task is to overhaul this site The Cook's House. I don't expect to start on this project anytime soon due to my hectic schedule but it must be done sometime.

No comments: